Richard M. Lewis is the coordinator of the firm's workers' compensation practice group and has been in private practice since 1975. He is a graduate of Wake Forest University and the Wake Forest University School of Law. He handles the defense of all types of workers' compensation claims. Mr. Lewis is admitted to the Bar in North Carolina. He was Chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the North Carolina Bar Association from 1999-2000, on the Board of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys from 1999-2002, and served as the Liaison from the North Carolina Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section to the North Carolina Industrial Commission Advisory Council from 2007-2010. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for the years 1995-2016 and included on the North Carolina Super Lawyers list for the years 2008-2016.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, J.D. - 1975
- Law Review: Wake Forest Law Review, Member, Board of Editors, 1973 - 1975
- Phi Delta Phi
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- B.A. - 1972
- Major: History
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
Bar and Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1982
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina , 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1982
Past Employment Positions
Maupin, Taylor, & Ellis, P.A., Shareholder & Board of Directors, 1975-1997
Presented numerous seminars and papers on Workers' Compensation topics, N.C. Bar Association and other organizations, 1980 - 2011
Honors and Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America - Workers' Comp Specialty, 1995 - 2012
- Included on North Carolina's Super Lawyers listing for Workers' Compensation Specialty, 2008 - 2012
- Liaison from the North Carolina Bar Association Workers' Compensation Section to the North Carolina Industrial Commission, 2007 - 2010
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- North Carolina Bar Association, Chairman, Workers' Compensation, Section Council, 1999 - 2000
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Board of Directors, 1999 - 2002
Five of our attorneys are selected as Super Lawyers ® . For fifteen consecutive years Lewis & Roberts has had one...
Five of our attorneys are selected as Super Lawyers ® . For fourteen consecutive years Lewis & Roberts has had one...
Four of our partners are selected as Super Lawyers ® . For thirteen consecutive years Lewis & Roberts has had one...
Lewis & Roberts celebrates our 20th anniversary as a law firm and the success we have seen since our founding in...
Eight of Leiws & Roberts' attorneys were included in the 2017 issue of the Super Lawyers Magazine.
Seven of our partners were honored by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2016 for North Carolina. Super Lawyers selects...